Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Drugtsore Quads [Rimmel Vs. Covergirl]

I have a couple videos coming up on my youtube account [www.youtube.com/themakeup101 - go subscribe :]] on looks using a couple drugstore quads. I said that I would do a comparison on the two and really....I'm not going to do a video on it because these two are COMPLETELY different in texture, payoff, everything! But out of the different trios, quads, whatever at the drugstore. I would have to say that these two are my all time favorite.

It's really hard to describe their differences, than if you were to really try them out. The Rimmel quad is sooo creamy and really easy to blend! The colors are really soft, so their very wearable wherever you go. In fact, the first day I wore this quad my sister told me how much I'm getting better at blending - and I think I have to thank Rimmel for that! Seriously, I love this quad!

But, then that brings us to the Covergirl trio. I've owned this one for quite awhile. In fact, I think it was one of the first makeup items I got when I was first getting into my hard core addiction [haha]. I choose this one, because it had all of the neutrals and of course they have so many other ones with colors and they even have individual eyeshadows, which is pretty cool too! But, for the longest time, it just kind of sat in the back of my eyeshadow drawer because it is really shimmery. But I recently brought it out once I go the Rimmel one to compare. No comparison here! The Covergirl trio is way more shimmery than the Rimmel, but it is wearable and I do like shimmer! Again, it is really easy to blend which is a plus but the consistency is way different. I don't want to say it's not creamy, but it doesn't come off creamy like the Rimmel one does.

Okay, enough rambling. Overall, I think you're just going to have to go out and try it. I really do recommend both of them and I will continue to use them on a day to day basis. Both brands are drugstore so they are reasonably priced & they come in a variety of colors. I'm not sure of the price, but I want to say the are around $5. I even got my rimmel one 40% so I think I ended up paying like 2 or 3 dollars! Look out for those bogos or sales :]

I don't know if you're going to be able to tell, but the Rimmel is creamier to the touch rather than the Covergirl. I really like them, and keep an eye out for the tutorials coming with these drugstore quads/trios! I cannot say enough how much I like these, you should try them!


What's you're favorite drugstore eyeshadow? What brand do you prefer? And have you tried these, what do you think? Let me know :] I love hearing and learning!


Thanks for reading!
Follow me for more beauty reviews & tips!
www.youtube.com/themakeup101

No comments:

Post a Comment